Worshipped by Hindu who wishes to gain courage and strength in their livelihood, Lord Hanuman is one of the most celebrated deities in the Hindu Mythology. The character has shown his presence in both the epic (Ramayana and Mahabharata)
Hanuman Mandir Connaught Place is one of the oldest temples in New Delhi from the era of Mahabharata. Originally the temple was built by Maharaja Man Singh I of Amber (1540–1614) during Emperor Akbar’s (1542-1605) reign. In 1724 the temple was rebuilt by Maharaja Jai Singh (1688-1743).
The temple has a mythological connection from the period of Mahabharata. Pandavas built their city Indraprastha near the bank of Yamuna River. In the game of dice, Pandavas lost their Kingdom, exiled for a 13-year term and in the last one year no one should recognize them.
Hanuman considered to be the brother of Bhima (both of them are god Vayu’s son), Bhima in search of a fragrant flower in the forest found Hanuman sleeping with his tail blocking his path. Arrogantly Bhima told hanuman to remove his tail.
Hanuman hid his identity and told Bhima to help him to move his tail. Bhima tried hard several times but failed. Bhima realized that the monkey was none other his own brother Hanuman. Bhima apologized for his behavior.
The Hanuman Mandir CP Timing
The hanuman mandir CP door open 5 AM in the morning on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday. For Tuesday and Saturday, timing is 4 AM. Similarly, in the afternoon closing time for Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Sunday are 3 pm. The temple remains open for the whole day on Tuesday and Saturday.
At night, temple close at 11 pm and on Tuesday temple door close at 12 pm. On Saturday the temple, remain open for the whole night. Hanuman mandir CP timings for Aarti start from 5.30 in the morning every day.
Best time for darshan is in the early morning or at late night (before 11 pm) to avoid long queues. There are long queues of devotees on Tuesdays while on the other days you can get the darshan quite peacefully Beggars and pickpockets keep harassing the worshipers. So take care of your belongings.
One of a renounced characteristic of this temple, which recorded in Guinness book of world record, is the worship style. Non-stop chanting of the mantra “Sri Ram, Jai Ram, Jai Jai Ram”, since August 1, 1964.
There is a different type of Puja are perform in the temple such as 1000 thousands names of Hanumanji, offering flowers and Nicholas for getting wealth, family happiness, long life. 108 hanuman Chalisa durations 40 days for blessings of Hanuman ji and wealth, winning the court cases, fulfillment of desires.
108 sankatmochan hanumanashtak patha duration 40 days for support of nature, for negative vibrations. ek mukhi hanuman kafach patha 108 times durations 11 days for wealth and overall progress. Punch mukhi hanuman kafach patha 108 times durations 11 days for enemies, illness, disease, full fulfillment of desires and wealth for Lakshmi.
How to Reach?
This Hanuman temple Connaught place connected by road as well as Delhi Metro. Shivaji stadium is the closest bus stand and has Airport Express Metro Line. Rajeev Chowk is the nearest metro station.
The temple is situated on the Baba Kharak Singh Road (old Irwin Road) about 250 m (820.2 ft) southwest of Connaught place in Central Delhi, on Bangla Sahib Gurudwara Road near PVR Rivoli which is the commercial hub of Delhi.
Things To Do in Hanuman Mandir
In recent years, the New Delhi Municipal Corporation (NDMC) has added some more god and goddess idol in the Hanuman Mandir Delhi within the main complex. The religious character of the temple included-
- Main Hanuman Temple – This is the main attraction of the Hanuman Temple and the hot spot of the entire place. People do gather here to offer their prayers.
- Shiv Temple– Within the temple, there is shiva’s shrine. Shiv Linga is kept in a circular boundary. Huge pot is placed at the top of the linga’s head for continuous flow of water.
- Shiv Deepak Place– The Shiv Deepak place is another region close to the Shiva temple. Here all visitors gather together. The place looks wonderful when lit with deepaks.
- Kalki Devi– The Kalki Devi temple is another place within this Hanuman Mandir. This is a wonderful place where you would get to visit an pray all lords.
- Nandi Ji– There is a place for the earthen lamp as an Ankhand Jyoti. Nandi is also placed near the Linga.
- Laxmi Narayan– There is idols of Laxmi Narayan too.
- Gayatri Mata– In the south the idol of goddess Santoshi Mata. After keeping the idol of Santoshi Mata in the temple there is an increment in the women devotee.
- Panchmukhi Hanuman– Panchmukhi hanuman can also be found here. some can be seen lighting candles and deepaks around the place.
- Mata Durga– Mata Durga and their children Ganesh, Laxmi, Saraswati of the same size as the adjoining main sanctum.
Things To Do near Hanuman Temple Delhi
The entire complex of Connaught place Hanuman Mandir is well organized. Near the temple, there are many other things to do including puja.
- Prasad -The shops selling prasad and pooja saamgri for the devotees. Sindoor, flower, sweets are the common items available in the shops.
- Local shopping Market – In Connaught place there are many local markets such as Janpat Market and Shankar Market etc. In this area, the luxury store is also available.
- Khadi Hatt– At the occasion of 69th Republic Day Village Industries Commission and New Delhi Municipal Council launched the first ‘Khadi Haat’ in the country. The Khadi Haat was inaugurated by Union Minister of State Giriraj Singh. The purpose is to promote khadi industry.
- Tattoo and Mehndi shop – These shops are quite famous besides worshiping Hanumanji mehndiwala and the tattoo artist is the second attraction in this area. Women adorned with freshly painted Mehandi in their hands. This quite popular place for Mehandi, apart from Bajrangbali’s blessings. kachoris with aloo ki sabzi outside the Hanuman temple Delhi is demanded. Young girls and boy are more interested in making a tattoo. Tattoo Lucious, NA tattoo studio and Samurai studio are popular in this area.
Hanuman Jayanti is one of holy time to visit this temple. Hanuman Jayanti is the festival celebrated as the birthday of Hanumanji birthday. This held every year with great devotion on the full moon (Purnima) day in the month of Chaitra as per established lunar Hindu Panchangam or Hindu calendar. Colorful processions of with devotees wearing Hanuman masks and tails and carrying large idols of Hanuman fill the streets.
Millions of devotees of Hanumanji come to the temple to get his blessings throughout the year, because of deep faith, love, and devotion.