Pradhan Mantri sanghralaya is one of the museums which is built to give tribute to the prime minister of India after the independence. It is having the record of the well-doing of the prime minister which they have done to develop India. It is located on teen murti avenue which was known as the Nehru memorial museum. This museum is having two buildings and both the buildings is having their main entrance with a different reception. The galleries in the museum are different for each prime minister which is showcasing the work and contribution to the nation.
- PM Modi: is the current prime minister of India. His style of doing the work has created a new feature in politics. He was also CM of Gujarat for about 14 years and he was also known for the economic growth. He has also settled the new infrastructure.
- Dr. Manmohan Singh: he was the prime minister in 2004 and made various rules and regulations related to rural places. These rules and acts have made the life of the rural people easy. He was also known for the signing of the nuclear civil deal with the United States of America.
There is the various prime minister who has done various good things for India to reach heights. They have done various things for India and even given the right meaning of freedom.
Information is collected from different places like Prasar Bharti, door darshan, and many more are used to make changes in India. Collection of the important papers and speeches of the Prime minister will tell the person what to be the future changes in their lifestyle.
The Pradhanmantri sanghralaya has used various technologies which are showcasing real photographs of the work of the Prime minister with other ministers in the meetings. It is using virtual reality, multi-touch, holograms, and many more devices which is making the pictures more interactive.
Building 1: Nehru Memorial Museum and Library
There are different sections made in building 1 which are as follows:
1. Reception: the people have to gather at the reception for the starting of the journey in the Pradhan Mantri sanghralaya museum. At this point, you would be free to ask questions related to the Pradhan Mantri sanghralaya from the hosts available there.
2. Welcome area: in the welcome area, the tourist would be able to see the architectural model of the sanghralaya and the teen murti Bhawan.
3. Toshakhana zone: at this place, you would be able to see the different gifts displayed. These gifts are given to the prime minister to honor them by different state heads or any other person.
4. Speech of Jawaharlal Nehru: you would be experiencing a live speech of Jawaharlal Nehru which he gave during the celebration of India’s independence.
5. Demise: the tourist would be seeing a video that is based on the Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru’s demise. You would also be seeing the related images and articles related to this.
6. Study area: the visitors would be seeing the study room of Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru. It is restored in the original form as it was at that time.
7. Sitting room: you would be able to see the pandit Nehru sitting room as it is restored in its original form.
8. Nehru Gallery: in the gallery, you would be able to see the political developments that he used. The photographs which are showcasing how Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru elect the first elections of independent India.
9. Partition 1947: the visitors would be able to see the video of the partition which occurred in 1947 and the images related to this are visible on the 6 graphic panels.
10. Early life and political journey till 1946: this gallery is dedicated to the first prime minister of India who is Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru. This is showcasing the work of Nehru to make India independent. Different problems he faced during the governance of the newly independent country.
11. Constitutional amendments: this is showing the work of the government at the root or the ground level and what challenges they are facing during the governance.
12. Democratic India: this room is showcasing the work of the legislature. This is making the understanding of the students or the people related to the foundation of political democracy.
13. India becomes a republic: as we know that the constitution is playing a very important role in the people’s life. This is why India is known as a republic country.
14. Making of the constitution: it is giving a deep understanding of the constitution how was it made and what debate occurred during that time.
15. Makers of the Indian constitution: it is showcasing the images of the real-time happenings while making the constitution.
16. India at independence: it is showing the economic growth and agriculture growth during the time of British rule.
17. Audio guide room: the tourist can take the guided audio in whichever language they want so that it would be easier for you to start your journey.
Building 2: Pradhanmantri Sangrahalaya
This building is also having different sections which are as follows:
1. Reception: it is the starting point of the journey of building 2. It is showcasing freedom, prosperity, and growth.
2. Dr. Manmohan Singh: it is telling the life of Manmohan Singh. It has passed different economic reforms and even sign the civil nuclear deal with the US.
3. Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee: is a great orator and founder of the Bhartiya Janta Party. He was known for his leadership during the Kargil war and even provided India with nuclear weapons.
4. Shri Inder Kumar Gujral: it is showing the lifestyle of Shri Inder Kumar Gujral and even gets the information related to his doctrine.
5. Shri H.D. Deve Gowda: is known by the name “the son of the soil” as he has contributed to agriculture.
6. Shri P.V. Narasimha Rao: this place is providing information related to his life journey and even the advancement of the nuclear security program.
7. Shri Chandra Shekhar: is also known by the name “young Turk” as he easily handled the economic crisis at a young age.
8. Shri V.P. Singh: the people would be exploring the life of the prime minister and the work done by him in the implementation of the Mandal commission.
9. Shri Rajiv Gandhi: the visitors would be seeing the lifestyle of Shri Rajiv Gandhi who revolutionized communications and even prepared the people for the 21st century.
10. Choudhary Charan Singh: he is known as the champion of the farmers and his birth date is celebrated as the Kisan divas.
11. Shri Morarji Desai: he has changed the constitution 44th amendment and even the relationship between China after the war in 1962.
12. Srimati Indira Gandhi: she was the first woman prime minister and have insight into the green revolution.
13. Shri Gulzarilal Nanda: he has served India in two brief terms and the people can even explore the life of the Shri Gulzarilal Nanda.
14. Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri: he was the second prime minister of India who have given the famous slogan- “Jai jawan, Jai Kisan”.
15. Bhavishya ki jhalkiyan: it is virtually showcasing the future India photos.
16. Lal Qile ki prachir se: the people would be experiencing the live speech of the prime ministers which was given at the red fort.
17. Anubhuti: it is having various attractions which are including a photo with the prime minister, a handwriting robot, and many more.
18. Time machine: due to this time machine people can experience the changes in India before time.
19. Freedom and unity: the visitors can explore the different struggles that mahatma Gandhi faced in making India a free state.
20. Parichay: it is only giving a summary of the life of the different prime ministers.
1. Picture with PM: spend some time with your favorite prime minister and then click photos with them.
2. Handwriting robot: you can ask the robot to write something about you with the signature of your favorite prime minister and your name should be embedded in the quotes.
3. Shatabdi Sankalp: in this place take a pledge of what you want to do for the future of India. You would be providing the information about the new technologies and what would be your role of yours in making them true.
4. Levitating emblem and kinetic wings: the entrance is having the emblem which is rotating as it is in a 3D print. It is having kinetic lights from the down ceiling which is showing freedom, progress, and growth.
5. Unity wall: the person has to stand shoulder to shoulder with the fellow Indians and showcase the unity through the unity wall.
6. Sketch app: this app is allowing the students to draw an imaginary planet that they want to add to the digital universe.
7. Advanced audio guide: in this, you would be provided with the guide in whichever language you are comfortable with. People may enjoy playing games and quizzes.
1. Bhavishya ki jhalkiyan: in this, the person has to sit in the helicopter and brace themselves. In this, future development would be seen.
2. Time machine: the person can see past things very easily by using this time machine.
3. Light and sound show: in this program, people would be seeing the achievements of India over the last 75 years.
4. Lal Qile ki prachir se: in this, the people would be visiting the speeches given by the prime minister at the red fort on the celebration of independence.
5. Parichay: it is showcasing the work of the different prime ministers in making the development of India.
6. Freedom and unity: in this, the people would be experiencing the struggles faced by Mahatma Gandhi.
- Address: J53X+3GG Teen Murti Chowk, New Delhi, Delhi 110011
- Timing: Sunday to Tuesday 10am–6pm and Monday closed.
- Ideal duration: People typically spend up to 3 hours here
How to reach:
People can visit this place by metro, bus, car, or bike as per the convenience visitors. If the visitors are coming by metro, then the nearest station is Lok Kalyan Marg. If they are coming by bus then the near bus stand is teen murti.
If the visitors are visiting the place5 from March to October, then the timings are 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM. If they are visiting the place in the month November to February, then the timings are 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM. It is mostly closed on Monday and the national holidays.
The price of Pradhan Mantri Sanghralaya ticket price is depended on the offline and online system. If the people have booked the tickets online then the price would be Rs. 100 per person and if they are taking the tickets offline then it is Rs. 110 per person. If the child is under 5 to 12 years, then they would be getting a 50% discount and if the child is a college student or school student then they would be getting a 25% discount.
It is a place where a person gets information related to different prime ministers of India. It is showcasing the work done by the prime minister in developing India. Every prime minister has done different work which is very important for India. This is a platform for thanking the prime minister who played their role so successively.